The Hospitality Designs Team is looking for a Purchasing / Supply Chain Associate to join the team!
Reporting to the General & Operations Manager, the Purchasing / Supply Chain Associate will be responsible for sourcing FF&E, Case Goods and services as well as managing vendors. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers. This position will also provide high level direction, support, training and guidenace to Purchasing Staff.
As a Purchasing / Supply Chain Associate, you will be responsible for:
- Developing, leading and executing purchasing strategies
- Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Crafting negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms
- Provide direction to Purchasing team to ensure buying is happening according to purchasing strategies and direction
- Interview and hire staff, and oversee staff training
- Locate vendors of FF&E and Case Goods and interview them in order to determine product availability, terms of sales and reliability
- Review, evaluate and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids
- Track & report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Partner with suppliers to ensure clear requirements for documentation
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Perform cost and scenario analysis and bench-marking
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks against business continuity plan
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
Purchasing / Supply Chain Associate Requirements:
- Proven working experiences as purchasing leader, agent or officer
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- Working experience of vendor management software
- LEAN manufacturing background, Greenbelt Certification
- BSc in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration
Interested? Hit Apply now and submit your resume!
Thank you for your interest in Hospitality Designs!