GR8 Companies is looking for a motivated, energetic and innovative thinking HR Coordinator to join our team based in Richmond.
As the HR Coordinator, you will be supporting all three lines of business for GR8 Companies: Hospitality Designs, ICON Furniture and Pacific Millwork Products in areas of Recruitment, Benefits Administration, Information Management, Benefits Administration and Culture initiatives.
This is an entry level (non-management) role with exceptional growth potential.
Reporting to the Manager, People & Culture, this role is truly a "make-it-your-own" opportunity, where you will get to be part of executing key initiatives related to employer branding, talent attraction, retention and creating great employee and candidate experiences. We don't hold ourselves back from exploring fresh, creative ideas that challenge the status quo, so if you have some innovative, forward thinking thoughts in your mind, are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, and most importantly have a passion for building exceptional employee experiences and great teams then we should talk!
What a Day in the Life looks like:
- Full Cycle Recruitment
- Developing an intimate understanding of hiring manager recruitment needs, goals and objectives
- Attract talent through creative digital and print driven sourcing strategies - thinking beyond job boards and "post-and-pray" approaches
- Source, pre-screen, qualify and coordinate interviews for hiring managers
- Complete reference checks and manage feedback from both candidates and hiring managers
- Leverage data from recruitment resources to adjust sourcing strategies and improve results
- Human Resources
- Assist with day-to-day operations of internal human resources department including file and information management, benefits administration and maintenance of HR policies and processes
- contribute to HR programs and projects, focused on HR strategy, tools and support, including culture programs and employee satisfaction
- Act as a liaison for employees, assisting with conflict resolution, employee relations and addressing questions/concerns on an as needed basis
We're looking for someone who embodies Accountability, Passion, Positivity, Respect and Teamwork. You have a passion for excellence and a drive to help others and yourself, succeed. Ideally, when you describe your background, it sounds something like:
- You are either about to complete or have completed post-secondary education in HR or a related field
- You have 1-2 years' experience in full cycle recruitment
- You have some experience with HR administrative tasks
- You have a People First attitude, putting peoples' success and employee experiences at the top of your list
- You have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, with strong problem solving skills and critical thinking
- You are resourceful in finding solutions and information; taking the initiative to develop resources/tools where needed
- You have a general knowledge of Employment Standards and Human Rights Legislation and can explain the basics to managers and employees when needed
- You're an Excel wizard with the ability to run statistics and basic formulas
- You like and can figure out how to use social media to promote employer branding and talent attraction
What's In It For You?
- We Know You Have A Life Outside Of Us: To provide some flexibility, we have 2 main start times, with some wiggle room in between; the opportunity to accrue extra days off throughout the year, 5 paid sick days and an office closure between Christmas and New Years
- We Grow When You Grow: We invest time and resources internally and externally in our employees' professional growth
- We Want to Hear What You Have to Say: We encourage open, transparent communication and suggestions. We conduct a biannual Culture Survey and host a weekly
- We Feed You: We have fancy coffee machines, our weekly fruit delivery ensures we stay healthy, and the sugary, salty, chocolaty treats are just for fun, and team/company wide lunches from time to time
- Fun is Right Around the Corner: Our Fun Committee plans out monthly events like bowling, archery tag and trampoline parks. We also like to celebrate and thank our employees by hosting an epic Summer BBQ, an even more epic Halloween Party and to top it off our year end Christmas party at Harrison Hot Springs
- We Care About Your Well-being: Aside from our benefits package which includes financial planning services free of charge through our third party partnership, we host a10 week summer fitness boot-camp right in our parking lot. Our Corporate Travel agency also offers travel planning and booking services free of charge.
Excited? Interested? Great - Apply today with your resume!